Friday, September 5, 2008

Midnight Sun Tragedy

Have you heard that someone leaked the first half of Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer??? Midnight Sun is the same story as Twilight, but from Edward's perspective. So since it was leaked, Stephenie was pretty upset (which was totally justified) and so she made a statement and then posted the first 12 chapters of Midnight Sun on her website (www.stepheniemeyer.com).

While Stephenie would prefer that her true fans didn't read it, she also knows that people will just look for it anyway. Well, there was NO WAY I was going to be able to not read it. So I did. And it was fabulous! Actually, it was my very favorite of the whole series (and this book isn't even finished).

Anyway, I am heart-broken that she has decided to put it on hold "indefinitely." But there are quite a few fan groups that are petitioning her to continue the work. Check out some of the links on the side of this blog for more details about that.

Has anyone else read Midnight Sun yet?

5 comments:

shaunita said...

i just read it two days ago and LOVED it! I felt kind of like a pathetic addict, but oh well. I loved reading Edward's perspective. I liked him even better afterwards, and it made me want to read Twilight again. I hope she finishes it someday. I'm hooked. :)

Roberts' family said...

I've read the draft version (old one), so now I'll have to catch up.

The Porter Family said...

I read it about a week ago and, of course, loved it! I didn't know that reading the exact same story from a different point of view would be so interesting. I really hope she decides to finish it in the future...it's so sad that someone she trusted would do that to her.

Camelia Bradshaw said...

I just finished reading it also and absolutely loved it. I am sad that I did not get to read about the fight from Edward's view. I hope someday she decides to finish the book.

Roberts' family said...

Now i'm caught up. I think it's fun to see it from edwards point of view because his mind seems so complicated. Fun to know his thoughts.