Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Favorite Christmas Book


I love Christmas picture books. It was hard for me to decide on a favorite because I have lots. I decided to pick this one because it was one of the first Christmas picture books I fell in love with. It's called The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski. First of all, the art work is absolutely beautiful. It is a visually gorgeous book, but the story is equally lovely if not more so. It is about a widow and her son who ask the local carpenter to make them a new Nativity for Christmas. The carpenter, Jonathan Toomey, is a sad and bitter widower, but his heart is opened again as he carves each piece of the Nativity. It is a sweet story about the healing and peace that comes as we open our hearts to the love that was born on Christmas night.

2 comments:

shaunita said...

I love this book as well. It's a great reminder about why we celebrate Christmas.

Ruth said...

Thanks Marianne. I've never heard of this book. Now I'll have to go look it up! Happy holidays everyone!