Sunday, January 24, 2010

Anyone still reading this blog? Leave a comment!

Seriously, something is wrong with me. I have totally abandoned this book club, without meaning to. Please forgive me.

Anyone still interested in participating? I've been involved in my ward book club and I've been going crazy at goodreads.com. Come join me there! I have over 600 books on my lists (read, to read, partly read, and currently reading). You can look me up by my email address or my real name.

If you're looking for a fun fantasy series, read City of Bones. I just finished it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it! (Ignore the cover of the hot boy without a shirt!)

As for Maise Dobbs, I absolutely loved it! It's the beginning of a series that I'd love to pick up, when I have a little more time.

Another fabulous book that all women should read is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. An absolute jem!

Currently, I'm reading a biography on Evita (not very exciting, but for my book club at church this month--I chose which "influential woman from history" to read about, so it's my own fault).

3 comments:

Roberts' family said...

I still read it. Ruth- you have to read "The Help". It's about a white woman in the segregated south who writes a book based on stories of black maids who work for these white women. Really good. My sister also told me about the book you mentioned (not the city of bones which I have read and enjoyed). I'll have to read it.

shaunita said...

Still checking, though i am also on goodreads, so most of my book reviewing has been done there. I would still be interested in some sort of discussion here to get me motivated to read books I might not otherwise pick up.

aqst said...

Acuity was established to be different & we exist to provide the best. We offer engineering with an open mind, creative thinking with guaranteed delivery. Acuity team is made up of highly-qualified, talented and innovative IT professionals each with their own area of expertise. Their experience spans a broad range of custom software development,