Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Book of the Month for June


I've recently discovered how much I enjoy young adult fiction, particularly fantasy. That's one reason I chose "The Princess and the Hound" by Mette Ivie Harrison. Don't be mislead by the title. It is more about a prince and is written from his perspective. Also, keep in mind when you finish it that there is a sequel. Amazon recommended this book to me I think because I bought Twilight. I was interested in it not only for its story but for its reviews. There is a very complimentary review on the cover by Orson Scott Card. So, I gave it a try. It's an interesting story about a prince who has the animal magic, which is punishable by death. He is betrothed to a strange princess in a neighboring kingdom who has an unusual bond with her hound. They both have secrets they've kept from the world, and these secrets will either bring them together or keep them apart. I liked it very much, and I hope you will too.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Marianne, I keep looking for this book but no one has it here and it's not in the library! I would buy it from amazon.co.uk, but we're trying to cut back on buying things since we're most likely going back to the states in 3 months. Agh! I'm so sad that I can't read this with everyone. I promise to read it as soon as I get home! But still post discussion questions for everyone else. :)