Sunday, March 1, 2009

These is my Words

These Is My Words These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Definitely one of the best books I've read! Here are some favorite quotes:



Pg. 121: "There is no outrunning fear, though, it comes on you and you have to face it. Childbirth is not an enemy you can fight or conquer or outrun, it takes you and tears you apart from the inside out and you have to just submit to it. I never understood why a girl would choose to be an old maid, but now I do."



Pg. 166: "It seems to me that any time there are men making a war, somewhere there are women and children at home waiting and worrying."



Pg. 309: "It seems there is always a road with bends and forks to choose, and taking one path means you can never take another one. There's no starting over nor undoing the steps I've taken."



Pg. 327: "Mama told me to make a special point to remember the best times of my life. There are so many hard things to live through, and latching on to the good things will give you strength to endure, she says."


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I've been wanting to read this for the longest time! I just haven't got around to it yet. I've heard from everyone that's read it that it's wonderful. Can't wait to find out for myself!

Marianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.