Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Book for February

I know that Fantasy is not everyones cup of tea but since it is my favorite genre I chose a fantasy book. The book is Eragon by Christopher Paolini. What is most amazing about this book is that the author wrote it when he was 16 years old. Funny but that actually made me love the book more because I was impressed with the level of writing skill from one so young. If you have already seen the movie do not be deterred from reading the book. There is alot more to the story then they could include in the movie. It may even explain a few things. Also if you have already read this book and liked it you may want to read the next books in the series, Eldest and Brisingr.

Happy reading.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Yay! I've been considering this series. I love fantasy too. Glad you chose it! Good job for figuring out how to post. I guess it helped once I invited you to be an author. :) Oops! Sorry about that.

Roberts' family said...

I too love fantasy and love this book. I've been trying to get Ruth to read it for ages so congrats!! Book was much better than movie (as always)

shaunita said...

Well, I just finished the book and really enjoyed it. It is not the sort of book I would have picked up on my own, so I'm glad you chose it for book club. I was so impressed with the author's ability at such a young age! Very fun read.