Monday, October 29, 2007

How this will work . . .

Thanks to everyone who responded to my email. I know that everyone is busy with their own lives so I appreciate your participation in this. I'm really excited to get this going. It feels like forever since I've read a book (ok, it's only been a week). I ordered Eclipse from Amazon.co.uk so that should be here this Wednesday!

Per your responses, we will do the following:
1. We will choose a book to read each month. If you read it, please start posting your thoughts and comments. You can either create a separate post or you can add in the comments section. If you make a comment, you can subscribe to get emails on follow-up comments from the same post. Also, if you are interested, I can add your email address to get notifications when there are new posts on this page. Let me know what you want. There was some concern about people not wanting to be the ones responsible to choose the book & post questions. So I'll pick the first book and then if you have an idea for a book for us to read, then just create a post and we'll all decide. Let's all try to complete the book by the end of each calendar month.

2. We will also have this be like an open forum where we can all add our thoughts about other books (good or bad). That way, we can get loads of information and ideas on what to read.

So you choose how much you want to participate. I'd really LOVE as much input as you can give! Even if you want to just write a list of your recent favorite reads (with a short explanation), I think it would help tons when I'm at the library and can't decide what to get!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi,

I just stumbled on this Blog from the other one "Recipe Queens". The queen title caught my eye, and I added the link to my bookclub blog. Good luck on your blog -- my bookclub actually meets together. We have 20 members and have a lot of fun. There is a cool bookshelf on my blog from Shelfari, in case you are interested. I just have on it the books we are going to read this year. Happy reading ... Kim